I-10 and Jefferson St. Interchange
Construction of a new interchange at I-10 and Jefferson Street in Indio, CA will be a welcome relief to the residents and visitors of the Coachella Valley. The lead agency is the County of Riverside Transportation Department in cooperation with Caltrans.
Scope of work:
- The modification and construction of on-ramps and off-ramps.
- Traffic Signals at on and off-ramps.
- Construction of a new six lane bridge with bicycle lanes and sidewalk over the I-10 freeway.
- Demolition of existing I-10 overcrossing and northbound Indio Boulevard overcrossing.
Over a half a million cubic yards of soil will be moved in the construction of the interchange, over 40,000 cubic yards of concrete will be placed along with nearly three million pounds of reinforcing steel in the structures.
Construction started in in February of 2015 and completion is scheduled for June of 2017.
- Contract Amount $42.3 Million.
- Owner - County of Riverside Transportation Department.
- Inspection – Ty Lin International and Southwest Engineering.
- Resident Engineer – Joseph Smith, P.E., CCM, TY Lin International.
- Project Manager – Kevin Hackbarth, Riverside Construction Company, Inc.
- Project Administrator – Carl Short, Riverside Construction Company, Inc.
Subcontractors: A.C. Dike Company (Asphalt Dike), ACL Construction Company, Inc. (Concrete Barrier), Belco Elecnor (Electrical/Lighting), Coral Construction (Sign Structure), Cor-Ray Painting, Diversified Landscape (Landscaping), Ferreira Construction (Fencing), Harber Companies (Bridge Demo), Integrity Rebar Placers (Reinforcement), Marina Landscape (erosion control), Matich Corporation (A.C. Paving), Pavement Recycling Company (Cold Planing), Schwager Davis (Prestresing), Superior Pavement Markings, Tipco Engineering (Steel Piling).